Thursday, April 10, 2008

*NICKOLAS HAS GLASSES*


Most of you may know of the problems Nick has had with his eyes since birth. He has been seeing a Pediatric Ophthalmologist, Dr. Hoffman, up at Primary Children's Hospital since he was only 3 months old. We have been patching his left eye to make his right eye stronger. At his last appointment a few weeks ago, Dr. Hoffman informed us that is was time to start him on glasses. If this helps, this may prevent Nick from having surgery in the next few years. Anyway, to be honest, I was scared to death to start him on glasses. He was a nightmare to patch for an hour or two each day. And to have something on his face all day? No way!! I have been so nervous and worrying that he would just cry and cry. But, he has done amazingly well with it!! We got them just today and he has not cried once. He has only tried to pull them off a few times. Our little Nickolas has been through so much this past year 1/2 and Clark and I are so proud of him. Doesn't he look handsome? Any who, wish us luck!!

5 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

Oh so cute! Did you know I used to wear a patch when I was little and I wore glasses at age 3? My little bro started at age 2. I think it's the cutest!

Chris & Jess said...

That is by far the most adorable thing I've ever seen! He looks so grown up :)

Melissa said...

He looks SO cute!

Dione said...

As if he didn't look enough like his daddy before! Soooo cute!!!

OnlineGuy said...

He looks so handsome! I am so excited for Nick to be able to see better, what a blessing. :)