Thursday, November 6, 2008

{ANALYZE THIS}

Have you ever had a recurring dream? I have. Actually, I've had a few in my lifetime. The first time I was young, around the age of 12 or 13. Then my second set was the end of high school. And now it's happening again. I have always had an interest with how the mind works, why people do the things they do. Why they feel the way they feel. But dreams have always been a mystery. Have you ever woken up and thought to yourself "why the heck did I just dream that?". Do we have any control over our sleepy thoughts? Do they have meaning to us in our lives? I think they do. Maybe not all dreams. But for sure, some do. Clark has an old book on dreams that I've been looking through a bit. "The Handbook of Dreams" by Judith Millidge. In the book, she says many people experience recurring dreams over weeks, months to even years. She goes on to say that these dreams are probably symptomatic of an existing problem that the unconscious is trying to resolve. I've pretty got this dream of mine figured out. And the one in my high school years. But my younger one still boggles my mind. But thats a story for another time. Anyway, that's it for my thoughts for now.

2 comments:

Chris & Jess said...

OOOO - so mysterious and secretive - I want to know about the dreams! Also, I really love your new wallpaper on your blog!

Carrie said...

I've had some pretty crazy dreams! I think that sometimes your mind is just pulling up random things throughout day/week/year. I also think that our Heavenly Father can use our dreams as means of comfort and answers to prayers.