Monday, January 11, 2010

THE LAST 10 YEARS.....


In the past 10 years I... Played on a tennis team. Learned I love to oil paint and draw. Spent a summer rollerblading almost everyday from Will's Pit Stop to Vivian Park and back. Dated a lot. Had many break-ups. Sang in a Choir. Laughed a lot. Met lots of new people. Learned how to sign. Got my own car. Sprained my ankle twice. Graduated HS. Worked at a grocery store where I met some amazing friends. Held close to my Mom and the Family when my Mom had an aneurysm scare. Saw Bon Jovi in concert. Got my only 2 tickets I have ever had within 1 week of each other. Watched the sad moments of 911. Came home late many times. Studied Art and Psychology at UVSC for a few semesters. Lived out with my Sister-in-Law for a few months before her and my Brother married. Enjoyed being single and dating for fun. Wrote a lot. Fell in love many times. Worked hard, had 3 jobs. Vacationed many times (New York, DC, Hawaii, California, Oregon, Palmyra, Nauvoo, Seattle, and Canada for almost an hour ;) Made a few bad hair color choices. Been spoiled more than I deserve. Voted twice. Snowboarding once or twice. Taught a class. Made friends with many, close friends to few. Lost a friend to an avalanche. My 5 year reunion came and went... Babysat for kids who aren't kids anymore. Got a new Prophet. Wrote my friend for 2 years while he was gone. Married him when he came home. Been scared at a haunted house. Worked too much. Moved 4 times. Had a Son who I love with my whole heart. Spent too much time in the NICU, and too many trips to PCH. Got my boy glasses. Had our first family trip to Disneyland. Got a new President. Welcomed 2 little nieces to the family. Embarrassed myself in public enough to keep myself laughing. Had some hard times. Had a lot of good times too. And have been very blessed in so many ways......
And I hope the next 10 years will be as amazing, hard, happy and crazy as the last 10.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

2 comments:

denise said...

that's alot of life! here's to the next 10 years Ü

Chris & Jess said...

This was really fun to read :) Must have taken you forever to write it!!! Love you, J