Look at you - blogging two days in a row! Love the shoes! Love that he loves the shoes! And I LOVE the video! I love signing! I love toddlers talking! I love fruit snacks! And I LOVE Nick!
oh i love it.... so so cute.. I am so so so proud of little Nick.. I am so excited to see him do it in person.... and you are doing amazing at blogging... oh and about the highlights... they were so cute.... totally you should do them for summer... you pull off either so well.... and love the cute flip flops.. very stylish..
I like how you give a little wait time before prompting him to request something more. You might even try increasing the wait time (5-10 seconds) to see if he will initiate a sign (or word) on his own. It will probably work if he really wants what you have.
He is doing so well!! And, like usually happens, using signs is encouraging to talk more. Good job, Shawna! You are a great mom!!
Very Cute! I am signing to Shad more everyday and he is starting to recognize the signs well at least I think so, when ever I say "milk" in sign language he makes this excited/desperate sound so I think he at least knows what that is.
Shawna! This video is so AWESOME! It's GREAT to see that Nick is responding really well to signing. That's what did it for Abram. It was the bridge he needed to help him start vocalizing the words and it sounds like Nick is very similar. Just keep teaching him new words. You will be AMAZED at how quickly he will pick them up and how soon he will be talking....seriously! Check your library for sign language books and videos that are age appropriate (the Signing Time videos are the BEST!). Stacy, who made a comment last week, is right. Now that he knows the signs/words, if you give him more time in between (especially when he has something very motivating that he really wants), he WILL start initiating the communication, which is the next step - and really the ultimate goal...for him to be able to come to you, on his own, and tell you his needs. Keep up the good work! :)
9 comments:
AHHHHHHHH! Totally amazing and adorable :) Can't wait until I get to see it in person . . . only 2 weeks!
He looks so old! Kyle and I enjoyed watching this.
Look at you - blogging two days in a row! Love the shoes! Love that he loves the shoes! And I LOVE the video! I love signing! I love toddlers talking! I love fruit snacks! And I LOVE Nick!
Haha! I know, right?? I'm proud of myself too. :P
oh i love it.... so so cute.. I am so so so proud of little Nick.. I am so excited to see him do it in person.... and you are doing amazing at blogging... oh and about the highlights... they were so cute.... totally you should do them for summer... you pull off either so well.... and love the cute flip flops.. very stylish..
YAY!!! Isn't signing great?
I like how you give a little wait time before prompting him to request something more. You might even try increasing the wait time (5-10 seconds) to see if he will initiate a sign (or word) on his own. It will probably work if he really wants what you have.
He is doing so well!! And, like usually happens, using signs is encouraging to talk more. Good job, Shawna! You are a great mom!!
That is awesome you are teaching him to sign! Nick has an awesome mom ;)
Very Cute! I am signing to Shad more everyday and he is starting to recognize the signs well at least I think so, when ever I say "milk" in sign language he makes this excited/desperate sound so I think he at least knows what that is.
Shawna! This video is so AWESOME! It's GREAT to see that Nick is responding really well to signing. That's what did it for Abram. It was the bridge he needed to help him start vocalizing the words and it sounds like Nick is very similar. Just keep teaching him new words. You will be AMAZED at how quickly he will pick them up and how soon he will be talking....seriously! Check your library for sign language books and videos that are age appropriate (the Signing Time videos are the BEST!). Stacy, who made a comment last week, is right. Now that he knows the signs/words, if you give him more time in between (especially when he has something very motivating that he really wants), he WILL start initiating the communication, which is the next step - and really the ultimate goal...for him to be able to come to you, on his own, and tell you his needs. Keep up the good work! :)
Post a Comment