Monday, March 9, 2009

DAY TRIP & CAR SICK

Who else thinks this winter has been too long? I have so had Spring fever already for a few weeks now... And we have been itching to do something different. So today was one of Clark's days off and we decided to make our way to see the Manti Temple. So we made our way to Manti. It's a 2 hour drive so we kinda thought Nick would take a nap on the way there, but he never did fall to sleep. It is such a beautiful temple! I have always thought so. I love how you can see it clear down the road on the top of the hill. It was quite cold and really windy but we decided to get out and walk around for a while anyway. (After a 2 hour drive, who wouldn't?) Nick had a lot of fun walking around and seeing the temple. After we were done we headed home. Nick finally fell asleep after 15 min in the car. By that time it was like 3ish. It was too funny too, cuz he would yawn while he was sleeping and his passy would fall out and he would search for it with his tiny hands with his eyes still closed and put it back in his mouth. Oh it made us laugh. He is so cute. Anyway, then it started to snow pretty hard on the way home. I'm just glad it wasn't snowing while we were there. Anyway, when we had about an hour left on our drive Nick woke up and kind of looked unsettled... Sure enough he started throwing up!! Twice. Oh we felt so bad! Luckily I had brought loads of wipes and such and was able to clean up most of it, but poor Nick still had to sit in that grows chair all the way home :( We still can't tell if it was a one time thing or if there is more coming. He has had a heavy cough all day today too, so I know he's not feeling his best. Anyway, it still was a really fun day.
Manti Temple.

Front.

Family picture.

Dad and Nick.

Mom and Nick.

3 comments:

Shayla Finlinson said...

oh you guys are so cute... poor Nick thats no fun... we were down to the manti temple on saturday.. its so pretty.. i feel like i have not seen you in forever.

Sandy said...

I would love to go to the Manti Temple. I have never been. Since it is only 2 hours away, i might try to go too!

Chris & Jess said...

Funny :)