Want a good laugh? On the outside wrapping of this item, the label reads...
*If shaken or squeezed, drips or leakage may occur. After multiple
dish washings, spill-proof performance may deteriorate.
*If child holds cup upside down, a few drops may com from the spout.
Pretty much there should'nt be spill-proof anything for toddlers. So, we have been desperately trying to find some sort of sippy cut that Nick will just fall in love with. Haven't found one yet. I know, I know, I was supposed to wean him off the bottle like a year ago. But we have such a strong willed little boy... (He will only take warm milk in a bottle, not cold milk in a bottle. He will not take warm milk in a sippy. And sometimes cold milk in a sippy is okay. Needless to say, I have been terrified! It would have been loads easier a year ago too). ANYWAY~ So we have tried and failed with two other types of cups before we saw these. It said "spill-proof" so I though we were quite lucky. So I was really excited to try them out and sure enough, he would not take the warm milk in the cup. So I tried the cold milk in the cup. Not today. So I laid him down in his crib (which he can now put his leg over by the way... so I may have another post on how to go to the "big boy bed"). But I laid him down with his warm milk. A few minutes later he was not sleeping and not calming himself down. So I went in to help him and guess what?? Nick had thrown the sippy on the ground and the lid popped off! Milk all over the carpet! Oh, so sad. Anyway, hopefully this is just a phase and he will get used to them, cuz I think I'm tired of buying so many different cups. He can adapt, right? I do enjoy each step Nick goes through as a parent. I wouldn't have it any other way!

5 comments:
Oh I hate dealing with sippy cups too! We bought these same cups, had the same problem, so we just threw away the lids. Our boys started using the cups at the table when they were about 3.
The cup we've used as a transition cup is called Nuby. It is one that has a soft spout. (Soft like a bottle, but has slits that make them suck like a sippy.) They don't leak and they have a twist on lid. I've seen them at Walmart and Target. We love them!
And just one more word of advice... I learned the really hard way about putting kids down for bed/nap with milk. It totally rots their teeth. My boys had several cavities due to this habit. I know it's so hard, so good luck!!
I also tried and loved the Nuby sipper cups - at first. But unfortunately Jonah bit through the silicone which made the holes bigger and now they leak worse than ever. If you want to give it a try you can have our cups. I'd just buy new "nipples" for them.
If transitions were easy Jonah wouldn't be sleeping in my bed still!
Have you tried putting what he likes to drink in the cup you want him to use, and water or something "boring" in the bottle. Then he can still choose what he wants, but hopefully his desire for a good drink will be stronger than his desire for a bottle. Just a thought. Good luck. I also like the playtex cups. They have a little thing you put in the spout so it doesn't leak, but then once my kids are older and used to the cup and less likely to tip it upside down you can just not use it.
Those are my FAVORITE!!!!!! I looooove them. I haven't had huge problems with them unless I put soda in them haha.
Anyway, good luck. Those were the only kinds my kids would take! My friend slit the inside of the lid for her kids so the liquid would come out faster..they liked them after that..just another thought (I mean they ARE disposable so if you hate the cut lid, you can toss it)
Good luck on that... I am no help. Easton didn't even take a bottle- EVER! So, we used the nuby sippy when he was about 7 months old. I didn't love them, but it was good for his age at the time, since he had no teeth. You should try the "straw" ones at walmart, they are only about $1.00 each, and you sip it up through a built in straw.
Post a Comment